Erin Rock'n Piggies!

Erin Rock'n Piggies!
2 years Old

Monday, December 13, 2010

Some Genetic Results

Today I received a phone call from our neurologist at Children's. When I heard his voice my heart sank. He said they received some results back from one of the three tests which shocked me. I wasn't expecting to hear back for months. The test they received back was for the chromosomal micro array; which tests 100's of different cells. He said 3 cells looks suspect but that didn't neccessarily mean anything significant for Erin.
In order to determine whether it's something significant Sean and I both need to be tested to see if our cells match her cells. If her cells are the same as ours it should not mean anything to her. If it's a new change within her cells that might be the reason for some of her developmental delays. I asked him if he knew what the outcome would be from the 3 "different" cells but he said he wouldn't know until we were tested. I also asked him if this meant anything regarding Rett but he said that result was not back yet and they have nothing to do with the chromosomal micro array. He told me that the genetic councelors would be in touch to schedule an appointment for our tests to be done so they could research whether they matched ours. More tests, more waiting, but we are trusting in the Lord and waiting patiently.

No comments: