Erin Rock'n Piggies!

Erin Rock'n Piggies!
2 years Old

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hurry up and wait...

My doctor asked me to take my basal body temperature each morning at 6AM, regardless of whether I have to pee really really badly I cannot get out of bed until 6 AM so I can take my temperature. The doctor said I must take my temp before stepping out of bed - so that's been fun! I basically think I'm part vampire because each morning my body temperature has been below 98.6 and dropping. This morning it was 97.2 ??? If this keeps up I'll be frozen by Thanksgiving!


On a happy note; a huge feat was accomplished yesterday. A person was able to get blood out of my body! My doctor told me I had to go and get my hormone levels checked on the 3rd day of my cycle - so I had no choice. If I'm serious about this baby stuff than I could not show up at her office without having done my part. I worried about it all day until I made my husband bring me to the Quest office. It's been about 8 years since I had a blood test, and I have worried about it each visit to any doctor I've seen. So after much anxiety and worry, I came to the conclusion that I must go get it done and overwith. I basically felt 10 years old again, sitting in the big scary torture blood giving chair that they strap you down to, with my husband by my side reading me a joke from the door to distract me. I cannot believe how much I made of it ~ it was so easy and painless. I know I am going to have to have several when I do get pregnant, so I'm so happy that I found a good and pain free phlebotomist who knows what she is doing. Thank you Elenessa! You have rid me of my fear of the needle...

No comments: