Erin Rock'n Piggies!

Erin Rock'n Piggies!
2 years Old

Monday, July 28, 2008

Oh Boy, Elevated Thyroid and Prolactin Levels!

So I am just a tad freaked out...early today I just received a phone call from my doctor - that's never usually a good thing. Normally, if all is well with your bloodwork or appointment you don't hear back from them, you just receive your insurance statement and move on. Not the case!



My OBG called to tell me that my bloodwork showed an elevated thyroid and prolactin levels (whatever the Heck that means!) and to make an appointment with my primary doctor as soon as possible, again NOT happy fun words! I have no idea what this means medically, but I DO KNOW, it means more bloodwork - one of my absolute biggest fears and dreadful deeds ever.

I have a feeling I may be getting over it sooner than I think. I was told you have your thyroid levels checked frequently once you get put on meds and once you become pregnant even more regularly - Oh Joy! Conveniently I had an appt. with a new doctor already scheduled for Friday afternoon. Hopefully all will be sorted out and corrected without anymore scary tests and additional bloodwork...

All I want is a baby people ~ count your blessings to all your woman that just get pregnant when your husband breathes on you. I know I need to do whatever is needed to manage this situation because it mentioned various dangers if you get pregnant without fixing this problem. Please keep me in your prayers and ask the Lord to heal me so I can go forth and multiple! :o)

No comments: