Erin Rock'n Piggies!

Erin Rock'n Piggies!
2 years Old

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Blood Test and Evaluation with Pediatric Director

Yesterday was the big day...one of them. Erin had her blood drawn at Children's in Peabody. I was anxious all afternoon and wished I could take the test for her. I knew it wasn't a heel prick so it wasn't going to be fun for her. Thank God Sean was there because he held her while they did the test, I didn't go into the draw area. It was too small and they had two other nurses in with her to do it. I was sitting in the waiting room listening to the nurses talk to her and prepare her arm, then I heard Sean start to sing so I knew the test was coming. I heard them talking to her and was waiting for the outburst. I took that time to pray to God. God please if it be your will don't let this test be positive and could you also make it not hurt! Well, the first part of my prayer was answered because before I knew it the nurse pulled the curtain back and said, "All done Mom" I was shocked because I never heard a whimper! Prayer answered.
Now the hard part waiting for the results.

Today Julie, one of Erin's OTs has set up an at home visit with John the head of pediatrics at Northeast Rehab. He is going to evaluate Erin's motor skills to see what her physical abilites are so we can create a more unique plan for her. He will also discuss any potential equipment she could benefit from. Nancy one of her other OTs brought us this corner seat with a pommel in the middle so she can't slide out which has been great for her. Up until this point she used the Bumbo seat but her little thighs are too chubby to fit into the seat. I'm not sure what else they can give me but I'm excited to discuss. The rehab center also offers aquatic therapy so if my insurance covers it we will be starting that soon also. I think she would love that because she loves the water. We are looking forward to meeting with John.

No comments: